Saturday, September 29, 2012

FMEC 2012 Cleveland: Med Students Care to Serve

What a delightful dinner I had tonight listening to the career dreams and goals of three medical students from Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine.  These three women didn't know for sure what specialty they would select, until a moment when they suddenly understood what their future would be:  Family Medicine.  "I took the JI (junior internship) and I knew it was "family" for me.  I didn't really know it until it hit me."  She commented further to the effect: "I enjoy taking care of patients.  That's what it's about.  I mean, isn't it?  Taking care of patients.  I love it."

I was touched by the passion and caring and love of Family Medicine.  (Way to go-Wright State!).

There is Hope at the FMEC meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment