Friday, July 28, 2017

July 27, 2017 My 47th Anniversary: Leaving for Vietnam

I often reflect on my Vietnam Service.  Every July 27th I remember the day I left Dayton, Ohio for Travis AFB in California.  We flew out of Travis to Alaska to Japan to Vietnam.  I came back in late July 1971.
I frequently reflect on the 20 members of my West Point Class of 1968 who died in Vietnam as a result of injuries incurred during their service.  We now have others who are dying of cancer from toxic exposures to Agent Orange, etc. while serving in Vietnam.
War changes people on a continuing basis over a lifetime.

I flew helicopters for the 45th Engineer Group in I Corps, from the DMZ to south of Quang Ngai.
travel vietnam Quang Ngai.  I loved flying OH58A and UH 1 helicopters.

I pray for those who served and were affected by the Vietnam War (actually a "Conflict").

I'm still learning about the meaning of the Vietnam service daily.

Three Dr. Synonymous blogs each year focus on Vietnam.  Here are the last three anniversary blog posts:  departure-for-vietnam-46-years-ago.   vietnam-departure-45-years-ago       another-vietnam-personal-anniversary


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete